Flashback in the Arabian Harbour [poem by Shambhu Rai "Bachhana"]

It's been ages, the diary remains unturned along with unread stories

Wherein, jotted down a full of sweet memories

A dream to be, an ambition to be

The burning hobbies, an arena of interests to be

Overall sketch of how a purposeful life to be

And so on...

Whenever a night invites the waves of sea and the flow of tides

I visualise my dream floating like a boat just set off for a voyage for miles

Right now!

The rolling ark  has just arrived in the Arabian harbour

Where thousands of souls cruise and venture

Therein i'm  trying to  unfold my flashback adventure

That brings me back to a golden memorylane

The point where my journey is now and then...

I know time flies like an arrow

"Then" is no more, all I have to live is a mere now

I wish I'd hear the chirping of the birds

Somehow I'd breath in fresh air from ficus trees   

Unfortunately here is just a horror hale and a salty beach

However!

I'd say further

It's been a wonderful journey so far

I don't mind I might be elsewhere

No matter what it takes but 'm gonna live my life to the fullest

As if there is no tomorrow or next

Doing the best I can,  as I have miles to go before I rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"झोला" - शम्भु "बाछाना" राई

लोक कथा -भाग १

A Sonnet by Shambhu Rai "Golden Age"